Tuesday, August 19, 2014

3D Pizza

I was wondering what topic I should tackle this week, and I found this picture online.
Why wouldn't I want to learn how to 3D print a delicious pizza?   So I thought about what this particular pizza entails, and I thought of three main parts: crust, cheese, pepperoni, and mushrooms.

The crust remains the most elusive to me because I am still learning how to create perfect curved edges.   How would I take a shallow cylinder and turn it into believable pizza crust?  Well, I Googled "how to curve edges in sketchup."  You can see for yourself.

There is a way of using the Follow Me and the Rotate tool, but lo and behold, there are plugins to round the edges. I used the Artisan toolbar. You have to download the plugin to get the separate tools. I am going to post about that next, in my post called "Ruby Tuesday."

Here is my finished pizza crust. I'll add some mushrooms and cheese later.


No comments:

Post a Comment